Tuesday, July 9, 2013

De-stress baking

I was just sitting at my computer, feeling a little irritated and stressed, so decided to take 5 minutes to browse some of my favourite blogs. I always find this takes my mind off being annoyed and helps me refocus. Yes, technically I am at work and should be "working", but today I haven't had a lunch break so don't believe I am being naughty :-). Also, I'm in Marketing, so any website or blog browsing can be considered research... kind of.

So, I started looking at my top 5 blogs. I started with Raspberri Cupcakes and found a delicious looking Orange Tea Cake and instantly decided I needed to do some baking tonight. That then reminded me, I haven't posted my cheesecake from my sibling's dinner last week - whoops. So here it is, along with my Top 5 de-stress baking blogs (in no particular order): Raspberri Cupcakes, Sprinkle Bakes, Bakers Royale, Sweetapolita and Tastespotting.



Double Chocolate No-Bake Cheesecake

1 x packet plain biscuits (I used milk arrowroots)
50g butter, melted
500g cream cheese
100g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
250mL thickened cream
250g white chocolate
250g dark chocolate

Pour the biscuits into a food processor and pulse until the biscuits are a fine crumb. While mixing, add the melted butter and continue pulsing until you get a sandy consistency. Press into the bottom of a springform tin and pop in the fridge until ready to use.

In two microwave space bowls, break the chocolate into pieces, putting the white chocolate in one bowl and the dark chocolate in the other. Save a row of chocolate for decorating. Cover the bowls and microwave, one at a time, until melted (I find it's easy enough to microwave for a minute on high, then stir the chocolate until completely melted. Less chocolate will need less time, so watch it so it doesn't burn. Burnt chocolate cannot be save). Set aside chocolate to cool.

In a  mixing bowl, beat the creamcheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and sugar has dissolved. In a separate bowl, whip the cream until thick. Gently fold through the cream until combined. Split the mixture into two bowls. In one bowl gentle fold through the white chocolate and in the other, the dark chocolate. Pour the dark chocolate mixture into the prepared pan, smooth eth surface and then top with the white chocolate mix. Cover with cling wrap and pop in the refridgerator for a few hours or overnight. When ready to serve, grate the remaining chocolate on the top. ENJOY.


No comments:

Post a Comment