Sunday, January 22, 2012

Nut-thing's the matter with cookies

I have seen a few Nutella recipes on blogs of late, so I thought I'd attempt a few of my own. I need to wait for my banana's to ripen before my next recipe, however, here are some delicious Nutella Cookies I made to use as lunchbox treats for the week.


Nutella Sugar Cookies
Adapted from Kirbie's Cravings

150g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
50g butter, at room temperature
75g caster sugar
60g brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup Nutella

Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.

In a bowl, beat the butter and sugars until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, then pour half the egg into the butter mix, along with the vanilla extract and Nutella. Beat until smooth. Sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir until combined.

Roll small balls of mixture and place on a baking tray covered in baking paper. Pop in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove and allow to cool before transferring to a wire rack. When completely cooled, spread some Nutella between two biscuits and sandwich together. Eat immediately, because they are delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment